Saturday, October 20, 2007

Wowy Zowy

Last night was actually a good night at work. A normal "busy" weekend for our jail would be 26 book-ins throughout the weekend. Well last night our intake deputy had 13 people booked before midnight. The I get a call about 1:30am from my Sgt. asking me to come to intake to help out and that he was sending a fellow deputy into my unit to help out. YES!!!! Intake happens to be the one part of my job that I absolutely LOVE. I seem to excel while working here and I think that is because it is a constant challenge. I think I like it so much because it is a always changing situation, and you are always dealing with different types of people. Unlike working in a unit, where you deal with the same assholes who have been there for months and no longer have respect for those of us who work there, and think that they can do what ever they want. If only I had a taser......... Anyways we ended up booking another 11 people after midnight. Wow what a night.

Tomorrow my mom comes for the whole week! It should be fun and I hope to be able to spend some quality time with her and E.

That should be about all for now as I have to get ready for work.

Greg

4 comments:

Brent said...

Ah, yes, the effective taser!! And face it, it's fun to watch how one reacts to them. Especially the recruits going through the academy!

Enjoy time with your mom. My mom and dad live 7 miles away and we hardly ever see them. Go figure!

Chastity said...

My parents and in-laws are both within ten minutes, and we see them ALL THE TIME! I can't imagine what it'd be like to actually have them spend the night in my home.

Christy said...

Your job certainly sounds interesting.

everyone needs a ride! said...

Well, all I think of is the "Bull" video! Hee Hee Hee!

Glad your mom can take the week to come down.

Thanks for the comments