Saturday, October 13, 2007

My neighborhood

There is so much work going on in our neighborhood it is insane. I mentioned this the other day and now I want to show you. The 2 houses that I will show you first were the dumps on our side of town. This one........






.....used to have small trees and weeds all around it, the paint was worn off, and it was just a dump. Now it is painted this green color, it is getting new windows, and as of this weekend it now has a new roof. It looks really nice and is such a change.




This is our next door neighbor's house. Her house also had very little paint, bad roof, and was also kind of a dump. This is the house before and after.









Here again in the past 2 weeks this house has received a new roof, new windows, new siding, new furnace, new air conditioner, and now looks wonderful.


This is our house. We had a new roof and new windows put on the summer before we bought the house. When we moved in we put in new air and new furnace.




Now after the work I have done the last 2 days all the weeds and growth in all the flower beds are gone so it does look a bit more clean. We definitely need some landscaping, new siding, and just some overall pizazz for the house. I will admit our house looks pretty nice during the holiday season when the lights are up. Well next summer we are thinking of painting, and definitely doing some landscaping.

I must now continue to do some work in the yard before our bonfire tonight so I will bid you all a fond farewell.

Greg

4 comments:

OhCaptain said...

You'll be suprised how far a little landscaping will go. Getting stuff ready this fall will help in the spring get you going.

Christy said...

I think your house looks nice. We have a little ranch style house, that need lots of work. Although we have new siding, we need a new roof and windows. We also need a new furnace and a new kitchen. I need to find a bag of money.

Chastity said...

I love your house!

AM said...

Your house is cute! I love the way the front door area comes out a bit. You can never go wrong with house pics. :)