Thursday, October 4, 2007

A 2 post day?

Do you know what I hate? Cat pee. That is what I hate. I do like cats and I do like the cats we have. I don't like cleaning cat pots and the smell it creates in our damp basement, but the smell will get better when we get a dehumidifier down there again. It is all part of having cats I guess.

I woke up this morning at 4:30 AM and came downstairs. I walked into the spare bedroom that I keep my clothes in to get my slippers and everything was fine. Later, around 6, I gave E her breakfast and went back into said bedroom to get my clothes so I could wash my uniform for work tonight. What happened while in the bedroom you might ask? Well I smell the distinct odor that is cat pee. I thought someone peed on some clothes that were on the floor so I smelled the clothes, the carpet on the floor of the closet, the rug in front of the closet, and nothing.....it all smelled fine. I thought that maybe I was just imagining the smell. Then I turned around.

The spare bed had a HUGE pee spot on our nice down comforter, and I say "oh no" but still figure that it is just on the comforter and that I can wash that. Upset but not yet pissed. Then I lift the comforter up and up you guessed it, a HUGE pee spot on that to. More upset but still not pissed. Then I lift up the second comforter and there was yet more pee, and it was soaked all the way through the sheets and onto the mattress. MEGA pissed at this point.

WHAT THE HELL!!!! At one time we did have a cat that peed and we found out he was sick and that he could not hold his bladder. We put him down. I don't think that our present cats are having problems like that because this is the first pee problem we have had in over 2 years.

My opinion? I think that they are totally pissed at us because E now gets all the attention and we tend to just shoo them away.

Not a good start to the day.

Greg

2 comments:

Chastity said...

Oh don't even get me started on this subject! When Lila was born, my cat of eight years, Kitty (see how creative I am), decided to hop in Lila's pack n play while we were sleeping and use it as a litter box. Cat pee is so potent...it took months to get that smell to completely die. Despite the fact that I'd had that cat since she was kitten and she was kind of an old cat, I found her a new home. I wasn't about to let her start a habit like that. I like animals and all, but I draw the line when they start doing dumb stuff like that.

Nellie said...

Cat pee sucks.