Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Come on weekend......don't keep me waiting.

Today is suppose to be my day off from work but. 5 times a year we have mandatory training in the ol jail and today is one of those days. We have to be there at 8am and it lasts till 4pm. Normally these days are easy (and I am sure this one will be to) and we get done early. This training happens to be use of force training and usually is a fun day. Today, however, the head of our programs department decided she would take up the ENTIRE morning (8am-noon) talking about new programs in the jail and how wonderful she is. PUKE!!!!!!!!



I have also heard from the group last week that we do not get out early at this training and that it goes right up to 4pm. GAY! Then I was smart and decided I would help another crew out tonight and work from 6pm to midnight. OT is great, but what the hell was I thinking? So today will be a 18hr day for me by the time it is all said and done. I brought it on myself and now I wish there was a way to get out of working till midnight. How can I can I get out of this damn OT shift? Wait I have an idea.....maybe I will break a hand or blow out a knee or something of the like so that I don't have to work tonight and I would be on light duty till everything heals. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel.


Last night was bowling and it went well. We had a great time and I got a great pic of my friend KQ with his balls. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new bowling shoes.



I have had the same pair of bowling shoes for many years now and I have worn a hole through the slide pad (the white part of the shoe shown above) on my old pair, so last week I ordered the ones above. I can't wait to get them. UP.S tracking says they are in RW as we speak and they will be delivered today........when I am not home, DAMN IT.

I guess that will about do it for now. I have been up since 4am and getting E's bag packed for her trip to T and H's today, finishing drying clothes, putting away things, and getting myself ready for the day.

Lets pray for a quick day.

Greg

No comments: