Wednesday, October 24, 2007

SWEET

Went to work tonight and found out that I would be working in our master control unit and was happy with this news. Shortly after 6pm I found out that they had enough people on shift tonight and that my overtime was not really needed. They were busy up until midnight and then I got to go home, which was also sweet. The down side of this, however, is that now I am awake and will probably not be able to sleep until the wee hours of Wednesday morning. Good thing mom is here to take care of E while I sleep tomorrow.

Recently at our facility we have taken on the task of housing all the inmates of 2 near by counties, and we also have received word that we finally have a new lieutenant. We as staff, have found all of this out through the local newspaper. Yes that is right, we did not hear the news of the new lieutenant or the 2 counties worth of inmates that were now coming to our jail through our administration, or a email from the higher ups, or a letter posted in the muster room. NO, we heard it in through the paper. Wow the awesome communication that goes on in the department is amazing.

No word on the car yet. Still going to drive it to work I guess until we can afford to get it fixed. Good thing I will be driving in the early morning, when my fellow uniformed friends who know me are working, will maybe cut me a break if I get stopped before the lights get fixed.

Have I mentioned that we are only 4 days away from THE RODN.EY CARRINGT.ON and his wonderful comedy show that I am going to on Saturday night. WOOOO HOOOO!!!!! Not that I am excited or anything.

I have now run out of things to say for now, so I am going to watch the DVR and catch up with those Desperate Housewives.

Greg

3 comments:

Christy said...

I love going to comedy clubs. When we lived in KY, we went to several clubs and had a blast. Currently, we live about an hour away from Atlantic City, where lots people come to preform. But we haven't had the chance to go to any shows.

everyone needs a ride! said...

I would like to go to Rodney with you. Is that possible or would I be imposing? I have my main man working on an idea of what's happening with the fuses on the car. I'll let you know as soon I do. Later

Chastity said...

I still can't believe you watch Desperate Housewives :). I'm also still jealous that you're going to see Rodney Carrington...why can't he come to Chattanooga????