Thursday, October 18, 2007

And the DVR is taping.

It is now almost 8:30 at night and our DVR is busy taping all of the shows we like. Since we decided to make the switch to dish in order to get this wonderful invention, we very rarely watch the shows when they are on the TV. Instead we record them, and then watch them at a later time so that we don't have to watch any commercials. Is that ridiculous or what? In fact I actually find myself getting annoyed when watching normal TV because I can't fast forward through the commercials........if only they could find a way to pause, rewind, AND fast forward live TV! I would totally spend money to get that.

Speaking of money, we have none. I love this feeling......or not so much. It was pay day for K and I today from the county and I gotta be honest, almost all of our paychecks are spent already. SHOOT ME NOW!!!!! So we have decided to cut this shit out and start being frugal. K went shopping tonight after work and I don't think we have ever bought so much non-name brand things. This is ok however, because I am sick and tired of being broke. So there will be no more McD's, no more "just a couple of beers" at bowling, no more running to the gas station and spending $4-6 on junk food and pop, and no more pay-per-view movies on the ol dish. By the way, we were so dumb last month we spent WAY to much on pay-per-view....NOOOOOOOOOOO! I can take no more I tell you.

On the brighter side, my kid is cute as pie.

Hey wait.......KT?........do I smell your dog????? Jesus that thing stinks!! Oh and congrats to S for starting his own blog. I hope it is just as enjoyable as your X.BOX 360!

Have a great night all and don't get to grossed out by KT's dog!!

Greg

6 comments:

Kt said...

I can't believe you spent that much on pay per view!!!! Holy crap!!!!

My dogs do smell really bad. Raven especially! I am wondering what she got into! Pew!!!!

Hey ask K if I can borrow her white vest for the wedding this weekend. Please! Thanks!

Brent said...

We never have extra money. It's a given that should we run into a surplus there is something that will suck it up. It never fails. I'm Middle Class Poor and I always will be. And yet I'm somewhat proud of it. TAX ME SOME MORE!!

everyone needs a ride! said...

I don't know if it's the dog, myself, or my wife that smells. I guess we all stink.

You are right, your daughter is cute as pie.

I just want you to know that I too, quit having beers at bowling. I'm with ya bro.!

Christy said...

We have no money either. It sucks! Its completely our fault, because we eat out ALL THE TIME. And I spend approximately $3,459 per week at Target. I am addicted.

Chastity said...

I could not live a happy life without my DVR. I could never go back...I'm way too spoiled.

TEACHBROECK said...

I pause my TV show just so I can fast forward the commericals.