Thursday, August 9, 2007

Oh Diet Pepsi you are my Enemy

So I am doing this running thing and it is going well. The one thing that I cannot yet get a handle on is the amount of Dt. Pepsi that I drink. I grew up on the stuff and I just love it. The problem comes in the fact that Dt. Pepsi does nothing to hydrate me. I need to be drinking more water and I know that but I just can't get over the Pepsi. I could stop drinking the beer and wine and have always been able to do that when I feel I need to or want to. I do not drink much but I think that is because I have always been able to just go a week or two without having alcohol. DAMN YOU DIET PEPSI........why won't you release me from your delicious grasp?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Oh and gum would be my other weakness. I am so paranoid about having bad breath that I chew gum constantly.


Well by this time next week we will be packing and getting ready for our vacation to the great north of Wisconsin. I love the area I grew up in and always love going back there. It is a very relaxing place to be and I can't believe that K's family goes there to vacation. When K and her sister were young their family used to go to a campground that was just a couple miles from where I grew up!! Can you believe that at some point in our younger lives we probably passed on the streets of Hayward?!?!? Man life is strange and it is amazing that the paths in two peoples live lead to each other.


There will be lots of pictures from vacation again this year and now that we have the blog I hope to put some on here so everyone can see the beauty of the north woods (where there are very few farms........which means no cow poo smell!!!!) I can't wait to see E and how different her vacation will be this year. Last year we went north when she was just 6 weeks old, and vacations was still a lot like work. This year with her walking it should be a whole different experience. It should be fun to see and get pics of E on the beach and in the lake. We are also going to visit a place called Copper Falls. It is a state park and we had lots of fun with E and Grandma M there last fall. Lots of great scenery and picture opportunities. We are going to take K's family there and I hope my mom and sister can come with to. This is our christmas card picture that was taken last year at Copper Falls.





And here are a couple more of Copper Falls. It was the middle of October when we went and it was wonderful. I can't wait to go again!!






Well that is about it for now. I have to get the kitchen cleaned up and get ready to go to work for some OT.

Greg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find it so funny to hear you talk about Cooper Falls that way, because for the most part you didn't like it when you were younger! Will never forget the picture taking trip with the keys locked in the trunk....just came across those pictures the other day.
M