Wednesday, August 8, 2007

HOT HOT HOT

Another hot day.......man o man. Yesterday was hot, today will be hot, and tomorrow will be hot. The air at home was working great which is more than I can say for the air at work. Yesterday it was almost 90 here and the air where I work was not working at all. In one way this is good because it makes our "guests" sleep more which makes my job easier. The down side is that even when I can sit at the desk by a fan it is still hot.



After work I went for a run which did not make K happy she thought it was to hot. Still I met up with B and went for a 2 miler. We went slow and took it easy and it went well. I know K does not like that I run after work but I need to keep this motivation up so that I can healthy. My family has a history of heart problems and I do not want to leave this earth sooner than I should because I chose to stay fat. My mom's dad died when he was 55 and that was after a double and triple bypass surgury and a heart attack. This scares me to no end and I want to do everything in my power to not go by the time I am 55. So there.



On to other things. I bought these running shoes last year with the intention of running and doing a half marathon this fall. Well with a new baby it just didn't seem to work. So the shoes got ran on about 3 times through the course of this last year. So this year I am training with the same ones that I bought last year. THEY ARE GREAT!!!! I got Asics gel-komodo shoes and they are one of the most comfortable and supportive shoe I have ever owned. The only ones that I have had that were better were the Asics Gel-MC Plus shoe. Those are the ones that I ran my first half marathon in. I have also tried the Brooks Beast which was ok and the Asics Gel-Kayano which was just ok (not good for a shoe that costs $136). So I am going to put a pic of my new shoe on here so you all can see. That is right........you will all now have to look at a shoe....which is better than having to smell it!! So here it is.



And so now that you have seen my shoe, It is time to go change and REALLY smelly Poo Diaper. It is not good when E is in the living room and I am in the kitchen cleaning up and I can smell it at the sink. YUCK!!!!

Greg

1 comment:

Chastity said...

90 degrees actually sounds pretty good to me right now w/ the heat we've had. I think our forcast today calls for 100 and humid..yuck.