Saturday, August 25, 2007

"DAS BOOT"!!!! Friend or Foe?

I have to say that we found out the hard way that drinking at the resort is really, really fun. On Thursday it rained again so KT, S, K, E, and Myself decided to go back to Hayward and do some more shopping. We got to town and the girls went their own way to shop while S and I went to have a couple drinks around town. We started at Karbs, which is a local restaurant, and S had some 7&7's while I decided to have a Knob Creek and some a couple of beers. We then ventured to Angler's and had a couple more drinks.



The girls found us and we headed back to the cabin and made some dinner, which was tasty. After dinner, K and I went to the bar to meet friends of mine from Hayward, who we had not seen in along time. They stayed until about 10pm and we all had a good time. T had to be in court the next morning (he is a lawyer) and so they had to go, but by this time KT and S had joined us and we decided to stay longer.



While we had fun with them, they left at a good time to get out! Shortly after we they left we were kidnapped by crazy 60th birthday celebraters who were wild and crazy. The birthday girl got me to polka with her and eventually I had enough Miller Lites in me and I decided to sing some karaoke (see first post about being a cabaret singer). Well I decided to sing Toby Keith's "Not as good as I once was" and I suckered S into singing with me. Once we were done embarrassing ourselves we returned to drinking.



The fatal moment of the night came when we were talking and getting to sing our second song of the night, Brad Paisley's "Alcohol", that the owner of the resort came up with "DAS BOOT". If any of you have seen the movie "Beerfest" then you know what "DAS BOOT" is. For those of you who do not know "DAS BOOT", it is a large glass boot that gets filled with beer and you pass it around to all who want to participate. And participate we did. In the end we drank from "DAS BOOT" about a hundred times and it had to be refilled about 7-8 times before we left at 1am. Damn you "DAS BOOT" you are my friend and my worst enemy.



We then decide to go to Copper Falls the next morning and hike the park. Another brilliant idea from our clan. It was hell getting ready, it was hell riding in the car, and it was hell hiking until the booze was sweated out. The park is great and it really did help the hangover. I will post pics later for you all to see.



K's parents left today and we went to Hayward early for yet more shopping. We got back around noon and have just chilled the rest of the day. We took E to the beach for a little bit today and she loved it as you can see from the next pics.




Look at those smiles!!! It is about time for us to cook some dinner and pack up a bit. Get ready for a HUGE picture post the next time!

Greg

1 comment:

TEACHBROECK said...

It is weird to see HAYWARD on a blog! We went there for vacation the week before school started...I think only have pictures on Flickr can't remember if I blogged about it.