Wednesday, August 8, 2007

BOOOOOOOOOO to Bonds

Now I have never been a big baseball fan even though I played the game when I was younger. I don't care to watch it on TV, I don't care to see highlights on sportscenter, I could care less who wins the world series, and I certainly don't care who makes it to the all star game. That being said I DO love playing softball, which I have not done in a few years, and I do know enough about baseball to talk to somebody who does love the sport. I can talk about hitting, pitching, fielding, and the all around game. My brother-in-law and father-in-law both love the Twins and so does my wife's cousin T. Now, I do like going to the metrodome and watching a game with the brother and father in law and I can enjoy myself.

I guess my thing is this, much like Mark McGuire breaking the single season home run record (who was using performance enhancing drugs or ANDRO as they call it) I truly feel that this record that was broken by Barry Bonds last night was a crock of poo. It is a shame that a great player like Hank Aaron's record for career home runs was broken by someone who uses an unfair advantage. Barry Bonds you are a joke.

The thing I do like about last night is that the pitcher that plays for Washington refused to walk Mr. Bonds all night and actually had the jewels to pitch to him.

That is my beef for now and I must go upstairs and get E who is apparently not ready for a nap!

Greg

1 comment:

OhCaptain said...

Here, here! Couldn't agree more...except...I like watching baseball...and the highlights on sports center...anywho...Barry Bonds is a joke!