Wednesday, January 23, 2008

BURRRRRRRRRR, still cold

It is now Wednesday, and it is still damn cold out. It warmed up just enough the last couple days to get about 3 inches of snow.....BOOOOO. K is having a Pamp.ered Chef/jewelery party tonight, so I have to keep the house looking good. Luckily K is coming home at 2 so I will have some help cleaning up the disaster zone that E makes this place sometimes.

Not much going on so far this week. I had to work the last 2 days and that was ok. It was nice to be away from the jail for a week and it is amazing how refreshed you can be when you come back from that time off. Things with my Sergeant are normal.....right now. I did not have a chance to confront him so far this week because it was busy the last 2 days. It is on my agenda for this weekend though.

Bowling Monday night was pretty sweet. I threw a 199, 215, and a 241. I had a perfect game going through the 7th frame where I only got 9 out of 10 pins. Then I struck in the 8th, then spared in the 9th, then stuck out in the 10th. I was kind of upset, but what can you do? Next week will be here soon and I can't wait to try and best myself again this coming week.

E has now awoke from her slumber, so I must feed her.

Greg

4 comments:

OhCaptain said...

I'm excited when I break 100 in bowling. I'd probably wet myself doing the happy dance if I bowled a 241. Nice job!

everyone needs a ride! said...

Nice job on the bowling Bro.!!! I work until 8 tonight. Where are you gonna go when the Pampered Party is going on? I may be able to get out early. Give me a call an let me know your situation for the evening. 655 series. Feels good. I gotta try and beat myself tomorrow night. Last week I had a 640 and the week before I had a 679.

Christy said...

I love to bowl, but I totally suck ass. I am impressed with your BIG scores.

The Father of Five said...

Try not going into the meeting with your Sgt to "confront" him (or her).

Go into the meeting to "talk to" your Sgt about your concerns.

If you start it off confrontational (even if just in your mind), it will end up confrontational.

If your Sgt's are anything like my Sgt's - they come across hard core - but when you go to them with a reasonable attitude, you usually get a reasonable attitude back... If you go to them confrontational, then you get confrontational back.

I think if you get into a more "I'd like to clear this up - what can I do to get that done" sort of mind set - I imagine it will go a lot further to clearing up any issues you may be having... I know that how it works for me!

Remember to take the "High Road".

Well, regardless of how you approach the situation... Good luck! I hope it turns out for the best!

Oh, and congrats on the bowling scores! I dont know if I have ever talked blogged about this, but I met my wife while bowling!

David - the "Father of Five".