Wednesday, November 28, 2007

AND here we go!

So last night was my last time on nights for the next 3 months. YEEEE HAAAAA! Its not that I am happy about this or anything. I thought I would post some pics of my place of employment and show everybody what a "scary" place jail is. So here they are.





That is our intake. It has a TV, yes I said TV room, for the crooks to get comfortable in whilst they contemplate the reason they are in jail. It also has very small, concrete holding cells that are just nasty. No matter how many times you clean it.






These are our 2 large male housing units. They both hold up to 65 crooks at a time. It has never been that full in the almost 4 years I have been there, but we have been into the mid 50's. Keep in mind that we will probably never see 60+ in a unit because, Per MN DOC rules, if we have more than 60 they need to have 2 deputies to watch the unit. Yes, you are right, if we have 60 or less there is only 1 deputy to control all those guys. I might add that the only tool we have to control the crooks is a 2oz can of pepper spray. No taser, no asp, no clear out grenades, no stun shields, no pepper ball guns, no nothing.






These 4 pics show our special management unit. It is 4 small units that make up one big one. The first pic is the female unit. It holds 17 crazies. That is to many women in a unit as small as this unit is. The second is B unit. It is our Admin Seg. This is for our high profile crooks, or for those who are vulnerable and cannot be in the big units, this unit holds 8. The third pic is our work release and sentence to serve workers, and houses 15. The last pic is our Discipline Seg unit. This is where you go when you are naughty. It holds 8.


And this is our Master Control. Nothing happens in the jail without the person sits in this room doing it. It has recently been reconfigured and looks a bit different than this. Currently there is talk of a flat screen LCD TV going in here to get rid of the 6 different monitors that are currently sitting on the desk. Oh and the room is usually dark. No lights. Lights are bad.

And there you have it. "Scary" jail. Is it what you thought jail would look like? Can KT answer this question because she already knows what the jail looks like? NO YOU CAN'T KT!! This was for the rest of you to see what a modern style jail looks like.

Probably going to post again this evening, but must now wash clothes, the dishes, and clean cat pots. Fun I know. Anybody want to trade chores?

Greg

5 comments:

Chastity said...

That looks a lot like my high school, which was oddly enough modeled after a women's prison in TN.

Brent said...

You are SERIOUSLY understaffed!! But who isn't??

Anonymous said...

Next time I get arrested can I see if Dallas, TX will transfer me to your hotel... I mean jail.

TEACHBROECK said...

I hope those are the only views of that place I ever get! The blonde in the master control room reminds me of GARCIA on Criminal Minds!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Thanks for Sharing...I would be scared to have your Job! Yiyiyi!