Monday, November 26, 2007

2 nights to go

First I want to say thanks for all your comments and advice with my situation last week! Things turned out ok, although I still have not talked to my sister.

I have been working pretty much 8 straight days in a row now, and to be honest it is not as bad as I thought it would be. By this point I just kind of go, zombie around, and then go home. I have not had an incredibly tough rotation while working these last 8 days so I am not nearly as stressed and over worked as I should be. 2 more nights and then we are back to days!

I have not been around the ol laptop since my little run with the OT and I promise I will catch up with reading posts and getting some comments done on Wednesday.

Christmas is coming soon and I will have to work both days this year. It saddens me that I am missing E's second christmas in a row and hope that it does not have to keep happening. There will come a time that I just will have to refuse to work on this holiday. I say this because I do not want E to look back when she is 8, 10, or 17 and wonder where dad was on the big holidays.

But for now I will work my butt off and not complain, like a bunch of my co-workers are doing, and savor the time I do get to spend with her and K the day after christmas.

Time to go and hop in the shower and get ready for another exciting night in the ADC.

Greg

2 comments:

Chastity said...

My dad had to work a lot of Christmases when I was little. We always worked it out somehow though, and I'm sure E will understand when she's older just like I do.

AM said...

My husband is on day 5 of a 7 day stretch of 12 hour shifts. but we'll love the OT pay! Thankfully he's got Fri-Sun off!