Monday, November 19, 2007

AHHHH.....the lights!


Is it weird that I have become obsessed with chirstmas lights? I used to hate hanging them when I was younger at mom's house. I have always thought it was silly that people spent all this time hanging lights on their house and decorating. Now that I have a house the whole mindset has changed. I hate taking them down in the spring, and if it wasn't so taboo I would leave them up year round to avoid getting on a ladder and taking them down. But I do have to say that this time of year when I can hang the lights and plug them in, I get all excited and want to get them hung. We switched to LED lights this year and I think they are going to be way cooler. They are brighter, and if I take care of them they will last for frickin ever. I will have to take pictures and put them up for you all to envy.......I mean enjoy.


We are also going to put up our christmas tree on Friday after I get up from working the night before. We need to get lights for the tree yet, but we have everything else. Does anyone know how many light sets I am going to need to make a 6' tree look good? This is the first year we have had a full size tree since K and I have been together.


Side note, this is our 4th year together. We met at the end of November in 2003 and moved in together by the middle of January 2004. Then we were married on May 7th, 2005. And E came on May 13th, 2006. We met, got married, and got busy and had E. K's sister and her husband also had a quick courtship and were married 4 months after K and I. My sister and her husband also met and married quick. Is this strange? Common? Unheard of? There must be something in the water that flows through MN and WI that caused all these quick courtships and weddings!


Bowling in a few hours from now, so I think I will go take that nap I talked about at 8am


Greg

4 comments:

everyone needs a ride! said...

Umm, that would be 2 months not 4 months. If you need extra light for the tree come and see me. Also if you have free time, you can help me put up lights at my house. Just a suggestion. Remember, 2 months not 4.

Christy said...

We have a 7.5 ft tree, and we used about 5 or 6 strands of lights.

Man, you two had a really quick courtship. John and I dated for 3 years before moving in together. Then, we lived together for 5 years before we got married.

Nellie said...

Courtship. Hmmm... you crack me up baby. It sounds so 1950's. LOL!! :)

Chastity said...

I don't think a year and a half is THAT short of a courtship before getting married. My parents met Feb. 25, 1978 and were married June 24, 1978...that's a short courtship. (I only know what date they met b/c they went on a blind date for my mom's birthday).