Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday after

So this is what Monday after the hockey feels like.

I am very tired, have the start of a good cold, and I have PINK EYE!!! How the hell do you get pink eye when you sit in a little, heated plywood box all day, all weekend????? Hell I did not even drink very much beer.

The only payment I receive for working the weekend is food, and all you can drink beer for free. This used to be ok, but now that I cannot drink like I used to, it is not near as appealing as it used to be. I love hockey, and love to help out at the tournament, but it used to be a lot easier to sit in that damned booth all weekend when I was pure wasted. For example, on Saturday, the first time I spent more than 60 seconds outside was after 10 pm at night. Long day of hockey is what that equals.

Ah well, working that tournament is pretty much a tradition now. This year was my 13th year working, and it is kind of cool to see the same people and teams year after year. It also makes it hard to stop once you have so many years in. I have always said that I would not stop working until the Mayor stops playing, but damn, it just keeps going!

It is good to be home and be able to spend time with the E, and K of course!

Greg

1 comment:

Christy said...

You sound like an old man. I thought you were definitely going to wreck the car or something.