Saturday, December 1, 2007

Happy 1st of December!!

Can anyone guess what time it is?? 2:33 in the F**KING morning. I am still on the overnight sleep schedule I guess and I have to say it sucks. IT sucks of course because I now have to be to work at 6am and 4 hours of sleep a night will just not cut it.

We are suppose to get a shit pot of snow over the next couple of days and I have to work. I am not looking forward to the snow as I really do hate it. I will take zub zero temps any day of the week over snow. I hate the mess it creates on the roads, I hate the clean up afterwards, and I hate how it can immobilize entire counties in a matter of a couple hours. I do like how my christmas lights look outside after a fresh snow, however! I think it is nice to have a couple of inches on the ground right before christmas so it is a nice white christmas, but after that the shit can just go away.

Yesterday was my first shift of days, and it was wonderful. It went smooth even though we were busy, and I am looking forward to a quiet weekend. When we are on nights the weekends are always the busiest time of the week. On the weekends, however, the weekends are when the crooks sleep all day and we as staff get to sluff off and watch football on Sundays!!

Christmas is right around the corner and I can't wait for it this year. Well, mostly I can't wait to see how E reacts to it this year now that she is older and kinda knows whats going on. Maybe I am a scrooge, but a lot of the other crap that goes on during this time of year annoys me. Especially the bell ringers. I fully support what they do, but damn are they annoying. Not as people but what they do is what is annoying. RING A LING, RING A LING, RING A LING, RING A LING non stop for a whole damn month now. I am happy and willing (which will probably surprise K) to donate to a good cause during christmas, I just don't want to do it out front of Walma.rt.

With all of that being said, I do love seeing the lights and the overall good mood that most people are in at this time of year. I like seeing store fronts decorated, and I do love the scents that come from all over during christmas time. LOTS of nice smells........Mmmmmm. OH, and wine. Lots of good wine drinking to be done during the holidays!

Hope everybody has a nice weekend and I will probably post again on Monday.

Greg

1 comment:

Chastity said...

I guess the bell ringers don't bother me b/c they don't actually ask me for money. I'm more annoyed by the actual store employees that say "Would you like to donate a dollar to...". That makes me feel like I have to or I'm the jerk who didn't donate a dollar.