Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Happy Hump Day

Well today is the 3rd anniversary for the wife and I. We are doing nothing. If fact I am going to work and will not be home tonight. Exciting right? This is the life of a corrections deputy I guess. We are (as I have mentioned) going to a baseball game together on Friday night. I can't wait to get some alone time with Kris. Once again, we have gone to long without making time for ourselves. I can't wait!!

Because I work nights and I am an overtime whore, I missed our bowling banquet on Monday night. I got done at midnight and was met by my team down in the locker room. They then informed me that if I did not come out for a couple beers, I would be pepper sprayed and tased. This of course was a joke, but when you have a taser pointed at your chest, you tend to do what is asked of you. So I went down to the local watering hole, and they gave me this.


These are the awards I got at the banquet. The 3 medals are actually really lame. The patch and trophy are for most improved averaged for men. I guess I went from a 166 average to a 182 average. Not to shabby.


The interview did not go so well yesterday. While out in the waiting area, I heard the guy who ended up doing the interview, talking to 2 guys about how they had warrants and should not do anything stupid to get caught. STRIKE ONE. Then I heard him talking to someone else about smoking weed. STRIKE 2. Then the kicker was I heard him say "My interview works for a sheriff's department, why would he want to come work here?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? So as you can imagine, when I went back for the interview, I was not really interested anymore and I let this guy know. It ended with me telling him that the interview was a waste of both of our time, and that he should really watch what he says when he by the waiting area. I then got up and told him that I hoped his 2 guys with warrants didn't get caught. Then I left. Very disappointing.

Well that is about all for now. WAIT!! I forgot that I had gotten tagged by Penny~n~Pounds. I need to list six weird facts about myself. So here it goes.

1. When I open a pack of gum, I have to always go in order. If someone (Kris) takes a piece out of order, I get upset.

2. I am ridiculously early. All the time. I hate to be late, and am most often at least a half an hour early.

3. I do not like cake or ice cream most of the time. I occasionally have a DQ blizzard, but that is a once in a while thing.

4. Cocoa Puffs are still my favorite cereal. I am 31 years old. Cocoa Crispies are my second fav.

5. It irks me when Kris uses the dishwasher to wash Ellie's dishes. They are small and easy to wash. No need to use the dishwasher.

6. I have a set routine to get ready for work. If I don't follow it, I usually forget something. Here it is. Start shower, put contacts in, take clothes off, shower, dry off, get clothes on, pack reading stuff for work, pack lunch for work, take stuff out to car, check to see if I forgot anything, grab cell phone and wallet, get in car and go.

And there you have it. Have a great hump day!!

Greg

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Sorry interview didn't go well, and it's nice to find out a bit more about you!
Do you think i should get a taser gun to get my boys to behave and do as their told?!? I'll send you my address and you can post it ! He-He!
Enjoy your anniversary, hope your team wins!

Amanda

Miss said...

Happy Anniversary!! Three years...wow, actualyl, in away it seems longer ago than that.


but that just b.c I have had 2 kids in that time frame! =) haha

Rachel said...

Happy Anniversary!

Nellie said...

about the dishwasher... it's all about convienence (sp?) baby!! In the evening I'm doing dinner, baths, cleaning up dinner, throwing in a load of laundry, picking up toys, fighting to get Ellie to bed, all after working a full day at work. Cut me some slack... the dishwasher gives me at least 30 minutes of me time a night! :)

dmarks said...

Re #3: Drive down to the DQ just north of Lake City to get that blizzard. When I think of Dairy Queen, that place is the first one that comes to mind. And I mentioned it in my blog post this morning.

Happy Anniversary!

Shawna said...

Happy anniversary!

Congrats on the medals!

You can wear contacts in the shower? Now that is weird.:-)

Christy said...

I love kiddie cereal too. My favorite is "Fruity Pebbles" Mmmmmmmmmmm.