Sunday, May 11, 2008

Baseball and flower delivery

Well on Friday night, the wife and I attended the Twins game courtesy of Oh Captain and Oh Countess. It was a great game and we had a great time. It came down to the last inning and the Twins pulled it out with in the end, winning in thrilling fashion!!

Here is the Wife and I, pre-game.


And Joe Mauer stretching before things get started.

Here you see David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez getting warmed up.

The first pitch!

And last but not least, the "Security" for the game.


During the day before we went to the game, I delivered flowers with Daddy-O. He works part time for a local flower shop, and on big holidays I usually help him out if I am not working. My job is to run the flowers up to the house and say things like "Happy Mother's Day", or "Happy Valentines Day", or "Here is your damn flowers, maybe you should turn up your hearing aid so I don't have to stand in the rain holding these damn flowers!" Ok, I don't ever say that last one, but I will say that when I work with Daddy-O, the majority of the deliveries I make are to ladies that are 60 or older. Most are around the 80 mark. It is kind of fun to see a simple thing like flowers make an old ladies day!!

I also helped out with the flower thing yesterday and was home by 5pm. After I got home, Ellie and I played for a couple of hours. Then all of a sudden I fell asleep in my chair. I think I was in be and sleeping by 7:45pm and slept until about 4:30am this morning. I guess the fresh spring air and the lack of sleep really took a toll on me!!

Nothing planned for today. I have to work at the jail tonight for an OT shift. Then I only have 2 shifts of nights left before we go to days starting this week Friday!!



Happy Mother's Day to all you blog mommies out there!!


Greg

7 comments:

dmarks said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I've never been to a major league baseball game.

Anonymous said...

I like the picture of the "first pitch"....I didn't know Ortiz led off :-)

Sorry for being a smart-ass. Anyways glad you had a good time at the game.

Hunna

Amanda said...

Hope your wife had a lovely Mothers Day, and you delivered some of those flowers to her!
We celebrate our Mothers Day in March.
Glad your team won on Friday night, looks like you had a great anniversary:-)

Amanda

Shawna said...

ha ha ha that security picture keeps cracking me up. I wouldn't want her to have to take anyone down, she might get hurt.

Rachel said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. have a wonderful mother;s day with your family and an ok time at work. Hopefully.

Christy said...

I bet your excited about going back to days. Hope these last few days pass quickly.

everyone needs a ride! said...

Glad you stayed for the whole game. I would've been disappointed had you left early. I also agree with Hunna, Didn't know Ortiz leads off for the Sox. I thought he batted 3rd. Did you get there a few batters too late?

Give little miss E a hug and a kiss for me and tell happy birthday from uncle Scott