Monday, May 19, 2008

1 weekend down, many to go

Last weekend was my first weekend on days. The weekend went good, and for the most part work was slow. The only excitement was a guy that came to jail overnight, and did not want to change into our jail clothes. We later found out he didn't want to change because he was wearing orange lace women's thong underwear. AHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA. Needless to say, this made our weekend.

After work last night we went and got some groceries. While in the checkout line, a large man wanted to give me a high five because I was wearing a tshirt he liked. Then he noticed my hat, which had the sheriff's star on it. He then proceeded to tell me how he was going to sue the police and sheriff's department for not responding to his call for help. I was also told that he was going to get a couple of my co-workers badges. This kind of rambling went on for about 3 minutes. He wen on and on and finally I had to tell him "I don't mean to be rude, but I am trying to shop with my family." I guess he got the point, because he said he was sorry and walked away. I am guessing that he was not right in the head, and may cause the local dispatchers some headaches. We were not in RW, and so I was trying to be as polite as possible.

Ellie and I are home today and it is suppose to rain. Yippee. I am going to try and play inside and make it fun for her.

Well I have to go and try and make Ellie's 24 month doc appointment. Wish me luck, and hopefully I can post later again today.

Greg

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Big tough guy in prison with ladies underwear on ! ROFLMAO!
We have had a couple of people, patients, not workmates, going for operations to get things removed from their bottoms ( candles etc! )

Do you attract the loonies too?!

Hope Ellie gets on ok today at her Drs appointment.

Amanda

Cristina Mathers said...

kudos to you that you make the docs appoints for your kid! my husband would hate that!

we both have daughters named ellie!

Christy said...

Other people are CRAZY.

dmarks said...

Some jails have orange as an inmate uniform color. Perhaps he thought he was ready to be moved into general population.

I read and hear about other nut-jobs obsessed with the sheriff's department or police. Sometimes they even run for county sheriff, again and again and again.