Monday, April 7, 2008

Good Bye Old Friend

I received news from my sister today that our family dog, Tequila, moved on to the next world today. After many battles with tumors, cysts, and general health problems this last year, my mom decided to put him down Monday morning. For the longest time Tequila had a golf ball sized tumor on his right rib cage. When I talked to mom tonight she said that in the last 4 days it had gone from golf ball sized to about grapefruit sized. He had many problems breathing over the last week, and had taken most of the 12 tramadol pain pills he had been prescribed. Mom finally said that she could no longer keep him in such discomfort and pain, and decided it was time for him to feel no more pain.

At first I was not to emotional one way or the other, but after hanging up with my mom, I went into the kitchen and had a mini break down. That silly little dog, who loved to chase squirrels, jump off the rocks, and cuddle on the couch, was in our family for 14 wonderfully happy years. He warmed our hearts and will be missed.

Good Bye Old Friend

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was browsing random blogs, and read your post. I'm so sorry for your family's loss. I cry like a little girl when I lose a friend, and I cried for yours too. Like the cliche says though, at least he's not suffering anymore.

Chastity said...

I'm sorry about your dog...that's always hard.

We had a pomeranian for 13 years. She compared many times to Satan by just about everyone that met her, yet when she passed away I cried like a baby. There's just something about the animal you grow up with.

Anonymous said...

I remember him vaguely when we would go and visit. Perhaps it was slightly alcohol induced to me not remembering him fully, but still...

Sorry to hear that

Hunna

TEACHBROECK said...

Aww I am very sorry for your loss.