Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Funday Tuesday

I am home again with Ellie today and it is once again humid as a mofo out. Yesterday we went to nearby Lake City and got us a DQ Peanut butter Cup Blizzard. We took the blizzard to one of the parks in town and shared it while we walked around and hung out by the big fountain in the middle. It was a fun afternoon, but it was so humid that we were both sweating even when we were sitting still!! Yuck weather, but here is the proof we were there.








Then last night I went to another local town and took some pictures of the covered bridge that is in one of their parks. And no, we aren't in Madison County!!



From what I can tell, Ryne is Awesome!! That is what the writing on the wall says anyways.

Well we have the insurance guy coming today to look at the house. Hopefully he will find the same damage we have found. I am thinking we are going to be way above the $1000 deductible that we have.

I suppose I should get back to the chores I am working on today. We are going into the inlaws for dinner tonight which should be fun. Ellie always likes going to see Papa and Grandma.

Greg

12 comments:

Tara said...

Aww, she is so cute in that first photo there!

Aside from the humidity it sounded like you both had a nice time. Especially with the peanut butter cup blizzard. Yum. That'll help beat the heat. My mom and I did something similar last Friday. We went to Subway, got a pizza and a sub and went down to a place called Coe Lake and just had a really nice lunch.

Laura Marchant said...

Great pics. I love the view from the bridge.

Christy said...

You are quite the photographer now, aren't you? I love the first picture of Ellie. Too cute!

Amanda said...

I couldn't see the pictures that you took. There was a red cross in it's place! I'm sure they were great :)
Sending some cool winds your way!

Anonymous said...

cute kid...

Hey, it's Tuesday and I see you have graffiti in a picture. I do a feature called "Tuesday Tags" every Tuesday.

Looks like a fun day and that peanut butter cup Blizzard sounds good to me.

Rachel said...

Yum. DQ. One of my favorites. They have one down the street from me. The pictures look great and the fountain is very cool. Yuk 1000 deductible. Good luck.

dmarks said...

I love that DQ in Lake City you mentioned: I have memories of it going way back.

TEACHBROECK said...

Ryne is awesome ha haaaaaaaaa

Dad Stuff said...

Ryne is pretty cool, but I don't know about awesome.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

That bridge is very cute.. what do you mean "no Madison County"?
great pics .....

dmarks said...

The only bridge like that I know of in the area is the Zumbro one, and I don't know if that even stands anymore.

Anonymous said...

who you tagging for this week?