Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Whats been going on?

Well, where should I start. After my dad was here, the election came around. The wife and I were prepared to stay up till the wee hours of the morning to find out who was going to win. How suprised were we when at 10:30pm they announced that Obama had won. After the election not much happened around our house until the weekend before Thanksgiving.

The weekend before turkey day we went up to my aunts house near Hudson, WI. We met up with my mom, grandma, sister, and aunt. It was a fun day with good food....


And good company.....

And of course my sis had to much to drink and ended up like this....


Ok, you caught me, that is not actually my sis. It is one of Ellie's dolls. I thought it was a funny picture though, and yes I am still 12 and think that pictures like this are funny.

A few short days later we headed to Kris' parents house for Thanksgiving. We arrived around 11, sat and chatted for a while, and ate a good lunch. After this week of spending time with family on this holiday, I have realized how much I really have to be thankful for. It was a great week and I can't wait for christmas!!

On Friday after turkey day, I had to work. But after work I went downtown and met up with the fam for the Holiday Stroll. It is suppose to be like an old fashion town festival where we all get together and watch the town light up with christmas lights. It started about 6-7 years ago in RW and is a huge hit no matter what the weather is. It is fun to see all the people who come out for this night at the end of November to meet with friends and neighbors to celebrate the start of the holiday season! We had some yummy food at Lily's and then "strolled" around town for a couple of hours.

I had to work the weekend as well, so not much has been going on. Kris and I have a date night again this Friday and I am looking forward to it. We were suppose to meet up with Teach and her hubby, but plans change. Maybe next weekend?!?!

Greg



1 comment:

laura b. said...

That picture makes me hungry all over again!
And I still like to see dolls in compromising positions myself. haha!