Saturday, December 20, 2008

2 Posts....

In 2 days!!!!

Last Monday I went to our Photo Club meeting/Christmas Party. It was a fun time and everyone had a great time. We had a pot luck and cookie exchange. Lots of good food and a nice time with friends.

We also had a "white elephant" gift exchange and also door prizes that we each got a ticket for. I took #22 and got the 3rd selection for door prizes. I could have taken the second biggest prize, I could have chosen one of 5 packages that I knew were either memory cards for a camera or a removable flash drive. Did I choose any of these???? Nope, this guy chose this.






I guess this prize makes the wife happy. Me....not so much. I would have much preferred one of the 4Gb CF Extreme memory cards for my camera, or one of the 2Gb flash drives but hey, a prize is a prize.



Then for the white elephant exchange I picked a bag with these 2 items in it.





OMG, right!?!?! This is some sort of shaker thing from Peru.....but then I looked farther into the bag and found this little beauty.










That is right, a table top tripod!!!! And it is strong enough to hold my camera!! See below.




Pretty cool white elephant gift if I do say so myself!! Well worth the drive into town in the freezing cold!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I was wondering what that tripod was...before you assembled it with the camera! LOL!
Glad you had a great night :-)

Rachel said...

Oh that is great. I love when I get gifts that are just right for me and make me so happy. I can't wait to see the pictures that you take now.

dmarks said...

Congrats!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Those are cool gifts.. Merry Christmas to you and your family..