Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Long Time No Talky

Well it has been a while since my last post whilst on vacation. We had lots of fun, and the wife was posting, so I guess I kind of neglected my blog for over a week now. So here it is, the big update.

On vacation Daddy-O, Sco-T, and I all went golfing last Tuesday. We hit the ball and chased it around for 4 hours, and I got some pictures too. Here they are.







Then on Wednesday it rained off and on for the day. KT, Sco-T, Kris, Ellie, and I all went up to Ashland for the day and shopped. We ate good food and had a fun day.

Here is Ellie eating her popcorn.


Here is everybody looking sad that Grandma and Grandpa weren't with us...


We are here..........


Ellie driving the boat..

And then we saw this sunflower field along the way home. There were seriously acres of sunflowers planted along the roadside.


On Thursday Kris, Ellie and I met my mom and sister at a local "petting zoo". The place itself is a lot more dirty than I remember, and since Ellie is scared of her own shadow at times, a zoo where the animals were this close did not really appeal to her.







When Friday came, we all loaded into a pontoon and spent the day on the lake. Here is what I saw.













On Saturday we decided to make the drive to beautiful Bayfield, WI. It is a neat little town rich in nautical history. It is located on the South Shore of Lake Superior and is very scenic. While there we ate some yummy burgers, shopped a bit, went out onto the docks, and even ran into a guy from the RWPD who was there with his wife for their anniversary!! These were the sights from Bayfield.





Well that is about all I have for this time. I am going to be updating my photo and 365 blogs in the next couple of days. I also hope to catch up with all of you and start making some comments on all of your blogs:)

Greg

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time was had. I like the photo of the sunflower field a lot.

I have noticed that a lot of places are cruddier than I remember them. Must be a sign of the times.

I see there was a Buckeyes' hat in a couple of photos...how does that fly in Gopher country?

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

That is great that you got to spend some quality time with the family.. Your little girl is so sweet and adorable.. The phots are great thanks for sharing..

Amanda said...

Your holiday photos are amazing! Looks like you all had such a great time.
I have never seen a field of sunflowers before, but they look beautiful.
And little Ellie is looking as cute as ever :)

AM said...

Glad you guys had a great time! I love that sunflower field picture and the black and white closeups at the lake.

Tanya said...

Glad you had a good vacation Grrrreggie!!